Monday, July 18, 2011

Any suggestions for flea infestation?

I have a major flea infestation in my apt. It started right after my dog was put down (he was on flea preventative) and I've been using multiple treatments for my apt for the last 6 wks. I've fogged 4x, used pesticide spray for fleas, Hartz flea powder for carpet, Pest Control, Borax w/ washings and carpet, Deet sprayed on clothing and Dawn put in shallow dish w/ water w/ light shining on it. I've also washed my clothes/bedding, etc., MULTIPLE times in hot water, dryer and iron. None of this has worked. The fleas are everywhere - oven, shelves, frig, piano, speakers, clothing, car, etc. I've bagged clothing, etc., w/ no relief. I've vacuumed every day (many hours - 10+ sometimes) w/ throwing bag away outside plus putting 1/2 flea collar in bag but I can't seem to get a ahead - even vaccuming brings more out. Can anyone suggest anything new? I feel like I've tried everything and I don't want to lose my apt. I am also about to go crazy! Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment