Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Priest that does not respond to emails?

I have been exploring the Christian Orthodox faith. I got in contact with the Priest of the Orthodox Church in my town. I went to a service and talked to him after wards for a good hour. He agreed to be my spiritual father and said to email him anytime I needed help or had a question. Well, when I first emailed him he responded once. He responded to the following email. After that email we talked at the church. A few days after that, I asked a question but he never responded. I waited a few days for him to respond, he never did. I resent that email and asked if he had received the previous one. He never responded. I sent another a few days later. He didn't respond. I went to service about 3 days ago and said hello when I went up for holy bread. I planned on talking to him afterwards but had to leave because my ride was already there to pick me up and I didnt want to keep them waiting. I sent them another email that night. He still hasnt responded. I am talking 15 days of no response to any emails. What should I do? I know his email is working because it is a church email account and the church sent me some newsletters but he hasnt been responding at all. I wonder if I am being a pest, but I really dont know whats wrong. I imagine he may be busy because he is married with kids and the church is big with lots of families. But wouldnt he have SOME time to respond? I am stuck. He is my spiritual father and said to email him whenever I needed to. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment